It will take a little time to determine which one of these is the right automatic vacuum cleaner for your needs. You will obviously want to determine your budget first and then determine which of the extra features you really need and really plan on using.
If you have both floors and carpet, then make sure the cleaning device you are buying is able to pick up debris on all surfaces. If you are more interested in having a vacuum that is able to work when you aren’t at home, then you should invest in one with more high-tech features.
Either way, you will find that having a robot vacuum cleaner that works on its own is not only fun, but it will also enable you to have a cleaner and more healthful house all the time. It is really a small investment for the amount of time savings that you get.
So, in this article we will let you know the best robot vacuum models that are available in the market now.
Best Automatic Vacuum Models Recommendations
Because Roomba was first to the market, their products are still the ones that sell best online, but there are other brands that you might also want to investigate. Here are the five top models right now:
1. Evolution Robotics Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner – This is designed for hard floors only and unlike most other cleaners, it is square in shape. It comes equipped with removable cloths that sweep your floor and pick up debris, and comes with a one-year warranty. If you have large areas of tile or hardwood floors, this will save you an enormous amount of time and keep your home more healthful.
2. iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot – This has a sleek black and silver design and it is perhaps the smartest automatic vacuum cleaner on the market. It allows you to set up “no go” zones throughout your home so that both your vacuum and your possessions stay safe. This iRobot also works with a number of other Roomba products that can help you get more out of your vacuum.
3. Neato XV-11 All Floor Robotic Vacuum System – This does carpet, hardwood floors, and tile floors, and you can schedule it to run when you aren’t home. It works through a laser-based room positioning system, which allows it to see everything in your home and determine if it needs to be cleaned.
4. iRobot Roomba Pet Series 562 Vacuum Cleaning System – This automatic vacuum cleaner is specifically designed for homes with animals and is able to pick up pet hair, allergens, cat litter, and more debris from floors and carpets. It is able to clean four rooms on one charge and works with all other Roomba products.
5. iRobot 530 Roomba Vacuum (White) – This is a good-looking model that comes with all of the high-tech features you need. It is able to sense stairs (so that it doesn’t fall down them), and it has a built-in fine filtration system to catch allergens. These filters should be changed on a regular basis and they are available online.
As you can see, iRobot pretty dominance the robotic vacuum industry as this manufacturer really produce high quality automatic cleaners! Following section show you how to take care of your vacuum.
Robot Vacuum Usage and Care Tips
The first thing to remember is that although this is essentially a “robot,” its intelligence only goes so far. It is important that you electronically set boundaries for your automatic vacuum so that it doesn’t go places where it could cause damage or where items could fall onto it.
Also, remember that just like any other vacuum cleaner, it is not designed to pick up liquids, so don’t send it through the home when there is liquid on the floor or carpet.
All automatic/robotic cleaner products also have built-in filters that will need to be changed from time to time, depending on the amount of debris that you are picking up. Especially if you live in a home with pets or small children, you should expect to change the filter fairly regularly in order to get the most out of your vacuum.
When it comes to charging your automatic vacuum, you will be asked to first charge it up all the way before using it, and that usually means keeping it in the charger overnight. Depending on your particular model, your vacuum might just let know when it is ready to vacuum by lighting up either on the vacuum or the charger. After the first use, you should keep the vacuum charged fully all the time to prolong battery life.
Unfortunately, if there is one downside to an automatic vacuum cleaner, it is that getting them fixed isn’t something that you can do down at the local vacuum cleaner store or electronics store. These are extremely high-tech products with built-in components, and they are essentially robots.
This means that they will always need to be sent back to the manufacturer for repairs. There are some replacement parts that you can handle on your own and that can be bought from online retailers or direct from the manufacturer.